This week on "Star-Crossed," "And Left No Friendly Drop," we get more into secrets and deceptions, but also a little human/Atrian bonding. Here are 13 things we learned about our favorite troubled teens:
1. Daddy Nox had a secret it seems. Mama Maia lets the kids know that their home has just been ransacked by human guards because they're looking for technology the Atrians aren't allowed to have. Technology like this phone of Nox's that she hid from prying eyes. Roman's completely wigged out because only the rebel Trags have phones like this, so what was his noble father doing with one?
2. Kids lie to their parents, big surprise. Roman says he'll take the phone and destroy it, but instead he asks Julia and Lukas for help. Lukas the computer genius says he'll hack into the encrypted phone and figure out what the deal is.
3. The class gets to learn about Atrian biology, including their two Doctor Who-esque hearts and a bonus set of lungs. Also, their glowing markings apparently helped light their way on their darkened homeworld. And oh, by the way, Atrians are allergic to human stuff like cilantro and caffeine. There's no way sharing THAT info will come back to haunt the Atrians, right?
4. Sophia has a secret love of swimming and a desire to know what it's like being on a team. That extra set of lungs sure would come in handy at the upcoming swim meet, Emery thinks, so she convinces Sophia to try out.
|Resident sourpuss Eric (w/his main man Grayson) hates the idea.|
|Roman and Teri are ready to start WWWIII if necessary...|
|How can anyone resist those alien puppy dog eyes?|
5. Eric always leads the pack of anything anti-alien. In this case, he's all up in arms about sharing the pool with these potentially disease-ridden glowing alien peeps. Gloria tells Sophia that sporting events for Atrians are a no-go. Emery gets unexpected back-up from Grayson, and they make their case for giving Sophia a shot at competing in the swim meet at their own school. Gloria caves and says she'll consult the board, but the Atrians are going to have to promise to be on their best behavior.
|This pic is here just 'cause Roman looks so hot while leaning on things.|
6. Roman and Sophia have different ideas about their dad. Roman is entirely focused on finding out what's on that phone, and doesn't think Sophia should be risking all this negative attention by swimming with humans. Sophia tells him he can do all the investigations he wants, but this is the way she's choosing to honor their father.
7. Emery can't be bought with flowers. A little pro-Atrian speech at the pool, though, and she's ready to forgive Grayson in 3...2....1....
8. Kids lie to their scheming uncles. This one is pretty forgivable. Maia is extremely distressed that the human guards seem intent on finding the tech, as if they *know* it's there. Uncle Caster mentions "Trag" and "your father" in the same sentence and Roman is pretty peeved. He tells them the phone has been destroyed.
9. That mysterious phone came with a hidden video and a way to track the only other number Nox ever called. Lukas starts to show the vid to Roman, but they're ambushed by Gloria and security, who takes the phone before Roman can learn its contents. What's really mysterious is that the other phone was apparently being used right on school grounds. Curiouser and curiouser...
|Oh, you goin' down, b#$%@. You messed w/the wrong Atrian.|
10. So, these high school kids hate Atrians all the way up until a rival team tries to kill one of them. So it seems sports brings out both the worst and the best in people.
'Member when we mentioned that thing about Atrians and allergies? The opposing swim team pretends to play nice and then essentially poisons Sophia with some caffeine. She has an immediate allergic reaction, and may have died if not for Emery's experience with EpiPens--and the fact that luckily they don't kill aliens.
Grayson and Eric team up with Teri and Drake and others to kick some serious swim team ass in retaliation. (We also learn that attempted murder on an Atrian is apparently not a crime anyone gets charged for.)
11. Near-death experiences bring about camaraderie and a desire to swim some more. The meet is canceled and our home team gets their wrists slapped. Gloria is feeling pleased since brawling together is the first step towards peace and harmony. She grants them an in-house swim meet amongst themselves. Eric even engages in some friendly smack talk with Sophia. While showing off his abs.
12. Roman's not a big fan of conflict. He shares a moment with Emery, and makes up with his sis Sophia. Unfortunately all the eye-fucking with Emery doesn't make her his, though. He's got to watch from the Atrian bus while Emery and Grayson make out. Ouch.
13. This last one is the biggest bombshell of all. We finally see what that video is on Roman's dad's phone. Turns out Gloria's secret Atrian baby was fathered by Nox.
Go back to the previous episode: 'Star-Crossed', 'Our Toil Shall Strive to Mend' -- 13 Things We Learned
Watch "Star-Crossed" on The CW, Monday nights at 8/7c.
PHOTOS: "Star-Crossed" Episode 4 screencaps, 2014 The CW, fair use.